In my article “10 inspiring trends for 2019” I put “Personalisation” on the first place of the ten trends covered in the article. In “Personalisation in HR – Some ideas” I gave some more background on personalisation and customisation.
How can you use personalisation and customisation to improve your recruitment efforts?
1. Candidates can create their own job
With ‘Nike by You” you can co-create your own shoe online. Where are the organisations where you can create your own job?
2. Create job for the candidate based on personality, social profile and other accesible variables
The more you know about the candidate, the better you are able to personalise your opportunities. Surprise the candidates and offer them opportunities that fit like a glove.
3. Candidates can choose their preferred recruiter
Easy to customise, if you have more than one recruiter. Give some information about the recruiter (not just photo) on your career site, and let the candidates choose.
4. Match candidates with recruiters by using personality matching technology
Personality/ behavioural matching software is used in many call centers. This technology can be used to match candidates with recruiters and other people involved in the selection process. Have a look at Pure Matching or Nice in Contact.
5. Candidates can choose between fast track and slow track
Not all candidates want fast. You can adapt your speed to the wishes of the candidate.
6. Candidates can choose between F2F- and video interview
7. Offer weekend option in the selection process
8. Communicate via favourite channel of candidate
In what way can we best communicate with you?
- Text message
- Other: ……….
9. Personalise messages to candidates
There are tools that can help you to tailor your messages to the personality of the candidate, like Crystal.
10. Offer “blind” interview
Please add your examples and useful tools in the comments!