Change Resistance Bingo: print out the card below, hand it out during a meeting where the plan is discussed. When you hear a phrase that resembles a phrase on the card, tick the box. If you do not like the plan, use one or more of the phrases on the card. In that way you can both slow down the plan and win the Change Resistance Bingo.
- We need clear roles and responsibilities
- The culture needs to change
- Let’s wait until [name] is back
- What are other organisations doing?
- We need more data
- Let’s conduct a survey
- We have tried this in [insert year]
- Our CEO will not like this
- Change needs to start at the top
- We all need to be aligned
- We need a solid plan
- The timeline is too aggressive
- I am in favour, but …….
- The strategy is unclear to me
- We need a broad committee
- Back tot the drawing board
- This is too big for us
- [insert name big strategy consultant] should help us
- It will only work if everybody participates
- Tomorrow is another day
- August is a very bad month [any month counts]
- We will plan a change management course
- HQ will have to coordinate
- It can be done faster
NEW! 11 HR Trends for 2016 NEW!
The HR Trend Institute detects, follows and encourages smart and creative use of trends in the field of people and organisations, and also in adjacent areas.
Tom has a keen interest in organisations and service providers that use trends in a creative and innovative way. He advices organisations on how to get more focus in their HR interventions and how use trends to increase the impact of HR.
He can be followed on Twitter (@tomwhaak and @hrtrendinst) and on Instagram @tomwhaak.
The HR Trend Institute also has a Pinterest page.
Tom Haak can conduct inspiring presentations and workshops about trends in HR and how organisations can benefit. The HR Trend Institute can also conduct the HR Trend Scan.